17 June 2010

This ain't the love boat (yet?)

Isaac & Coke

2oz honey whiskey
diet cola

Pour both ingredients over cracked ice into a Collins glass and stir lightly.  Enjoy!

So I met a guy.

I wasn't looking - hell for that matter I was taking a break from it all because of all of the foolishness with Brady.  But they always say that when you're not looking...

His name is Isaac and I like him. A lot.  Like I'm all giddy and shit.  Remember folks, I'm thirty-mumble-mumble years old.  My giddy days are long gone, yet I find myself smiling each and every time his name appears next to the little android image on my phone.  It's still very new, but he's sorta like my dude.  There are implied dates and we find ourselves discussing plans throughout the rest of the year and the holidays.  Last night's discussion was about what we're going to be for Halloween. A man who is comfortable enough in his manhood to get all silly and dress up just to make me happy. I heart that shit.

He's a bit younger than me, but mature in ways that I would never imagine.  And if you're even thinking about calling me a cougar, I'll totally kick your ass :-) He's not that young, but young enough that we have different memories of the Cosby Show (which is a HUGE deal to me), but when I say "all your base are belong to us" he knows what I'm talking about and falls for me just a little bit more.

He's got to step up his drinking game if he's gonna roll with the kid (his only drink of choice was Jack & Coke and thankfully I was able to turn him on to Evans Honey Whiskey) but I'll definitely work on that with him. Because mama likes her drinks...

Anyway, I just feel crazy amounts of comfortable with him.  I don't want to jinx it (I almost didn't write about it), but  I'm just going to let go and see where ride takes me.

3 comments:

  1. As your non-cougar thirty-grumble-something peer with a younger man, I applaud you! I just like that your are excited and happy. That's enough for me. Anything else is bonus!!! Love you and lets catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...

    *you're

    (I hate when I do that!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks honey!! (I hate when I do that too!) We definitely need to catch up (hell, I need to catch up on my reading, lol)

    ReplyDelete