09 September 2010

Dodge Balls

Dodge Ball

1 oz citrus rum
1 oz citrus vodka
1 oz triple sec
fruit punch
lemon flavored seltzer

Mix the rum, vodka and triple sec in a shaker over ice and fill with fruit punch. Shake it like you'd shake a dude who out of nowhere told you that "he's just not that into you". Yeah...hard.

Pour concoction simultaneously with the seltzer into a chilled Collins glass.  Garnish with cherries and citrus slices and down it like it's going out of style.

My my my, the dead has arisen...

I suppose it's been quite sometime since I've been at the bar and I'm sure some of you are thirsty.  After being called out by folks who shall remain nameless *ahem*, I realized that I'm long overdue for a drank.  I guess time flies when you're getting dumped and fired.

whaaaat???? Yup.

I guess I *bleeped* it up.  Well not really.  Apparently Isaac decided while we just chilling watching a movie one weekend, that he just wasn't that into me. No arguing, no dutch ovens, no rhyme nor reason, but he "didn't know if he actually liked me, or if he just liked the attention from me". I helped him decide that it was the latter, and that was that.

*Kanye shrug*

Was I upset? Not really.  I mean I as very clear about how I felt about him, but I'm certainly not fixin' [dontcha' love my new Midwestern slang???] to keep anyone who doesn't want to be kept.  So that's that.

Now if you know like I know, attention from the male species has never been my Achilles heel, and of course there's a new boy in the picture.  But, before I get all geeked up again, let's see if we can get past the probationary period.

Speaking of probationary periods...
Alice got das boot!  So if you remember correctly I started working for a company as a National Director, overseeing a handful of departments across the country. The job turned out to be 100% travel and sort of the antithesis of my Chicago experience.  But it paid the bills.  Well it did until last Friday when while on travel in Ohio, my boss called me and told me that he didn't think that it was a "good fit". Of course there's more to it and all of that, but this was a blessing.  I was constantly travelling to cities where the men are men and the sheep are scared.  Not fun.  Also, expense reimbursements came with the frequency of Haley's Comet.  I hated the job, and I strongly believe that God placed me there for a reason (thanks to the tons of frequent flyer miles and hotel stays, my trip to Philly for Christmas was free and is totally booked already), and now I can collect unemployment while I find a new CHICAGO-based job.  [by the by, did y'all know how little they give you in unemployment? I'm at the cap and I'm sure I'll still need to work a red light district if I have to do this long term].

So that's what's been up with me.  Life has thrown a few dodge balls my way, but I know that I'll navigate around them pretty well.  I used to kick ass in dodge ball as a kid, so why should it change now?

Heads up.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed with the grace with which you are handling things - you know I will go to pieces on you in a decidedly "the sky is falling" kind of way.

    Girl, you life seems like a movie waiting to happen... girl in a new big city, goes through a series of jobs and men in a good-head-on-your-shoulders way... finds dream job, perfect man and the credits fade as you and your family walk along Navy Pier or something...

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete