19 September 2010

Octopussy



007

3oz gin

1oz vodka

1/2oz lillet (I know that Jimmy requests Kina lillet, but they don't make that brand anymore)

Lemon peel for garnish

Fill a martini glass with ice and water and sit it in the freezer while you make this drink.  Mix gin, vodka and lillet over crushed ice in a cocktail shaker and shake it like you've got Parkinson's (hey I never said that these were politically correct recipes).  Remove glass from the freezer and dump the ice and water from the glass.  Fill the chilled glass with the martini mixture and garnish with the twist of lemon. Sip slowly and enjoy!

So do you remember that episode of SATC where Miranda stayed over at her date's house and he left her there while he went to work? And remember how she found his preference for being spanked?  Or do you remember that episode where Carrie's date left her in his apartment while he ran out and she got caught riffling through his belongings (and subsequently got caught trying to break into a box of scout badges)? You may or may not remember those episodes, but I do.

So as I'm sitting here in the New Guy's apartment while he's at work, I'm not really having trouble fighting the urge to snoop.  And that's saying a lot because I'm usually a nosy broad.

Last night was wonderful. We just chilled and watched a movie and sort of veged out. I'm finding it increasingly easy to be around him, but my heart still goes a flutter when he touches me. (Damn he's sexy!). He lives on the West side and I live on the South side. On Sundays he works on the Southside and I have a dance class on the West side.  He has to be at work before my class starts, but he suggested that I just chill at his place until my class started.

So here I am. NOT going through drawers and closets, NOT peeking at opened mail and NOT checking the bathroom trash for pre-Alice condoms.  Because when you go looking for some foolishness, you'll probably find it, or drive yourself crazy in the process.

And lawd knows that my particular brand of crazy doesn't need a cheering squad. Besides if he's into being spanked, I'd rather find out in bed than by poking around under his bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment