19 March 2011

Right "Thur"

Midwestern Twang

3 oz whiskey
1 tsp Tang
3 oz Sprite (any lemon lime soda will do.  Yes soda, not "pop")
Garnish - Maraschino cherries or orange wheel.  If you're feeling randy, do both

Mix whiskey and Tang in a cocktail shaker over ice.  Shake with reckless abandonment, but make sure the top is on.  Strain into an old fashioned glass while pouring in the soda simultaneously. Garnish with two cherries or orange.

Enjoy!



I think that I'm officially between accents.  This is a big friggin' deal.  You see people from Philadelphia sound unique - specifically women from Philly.  I admit that thanks to a college education and traveling these United States, I don't didn't sound exactly like Eve in Barbershop, but I definitely sounded like I'm from the Midatlantic.  So why did I catch myself saying that something was right over "hurr" [READ: here]?

I'm fittin' to be scared...

In other news, remember how my home slice President Obama is totally my neighbor? Well someone needs to tell him and Michelle that they only have until the end of the month to bring me my muffin basket because you guessed it kids - I'm moving.  And now for the FAQ's:


Q. Why are you moving from such an awesome neighborhood?
A. Well my dears, why I am happy to be gainfully employed, a bitch makes about 23 grand less than I anticipated making when I first moved to this beautiful condo, and while I can still afford it, I don't have the comfortable cushion that I'm used to.


Q. So couldn't you just get another gig? Even like a part-time one?
A. Could I? Yes. Would I? No. I'm busy babes. Besides, now that I know the city a bit better, I found an equally awesome apartment in Humboldt Park that I will totally rock. (yes, I still have exposed brick!)

Q. Hey! Whatever happened to that virtual housewarming you promised us?
A. What can I say? I'm a bit of a flake, but I tell ya what - I PROMISE that sometime within the next 7 days I will either post a video or a picture collage of my soon to be old dwelling.  Sometime down the line a peek into the new place will follow. Deal?

Other questions? Bring 'em on!

1 comment:

  1. I hate moving, but I love the nice clean empty canvas of a new home. Wishing you the best - now lets see some pics!!!

    ReplyDelete