14 April 2011

Doing donuts

Alice in the Sidecar

1 oz of triple sec
1 oz of fresh squeezed lemon juice 
2 oz of cognac
1/2 oz apple flavored brandy
Lemon wheel
Sugar

Take the lemon wheel and rub around the rim of a chilled martini glass, then dip in sugar to rim.  In a cocktail shaker over cracked ice, mix triple sec, lemon juice brandy and that 'yak and shake it with the vigor of 1000 pogo sticks.  Strain into the rimmed martini glass and enjoy!


I don't know if I ever mentioned it before, but I'm a pretty awful driver.  I never really felt a necessity to learn until I had to for a job after college.  And even then, I didn't know what the hell I was doing and only passed my driving exam because my tester thought that I was cute and would eventually learn.  He was right about the cute, but oh so wrong about the learning.  Since then I've had my fair share of fender benders and full on flipped-over-thank-god-we're-alive accidents, but for the last few years I've tried to be a much more cautious driver.  [READ: I refuse to own a car] I use the hell out of some SEPTA and CTA and whenever necessary, I use a car share program, so I barely drive enough to get into an accident, (although I was rear ended that time in a Zi.pcar in Philly...)

But I digress (sidebar - don't you hate when people say that when they're writing? It's so emm effing pretentious).  But seriously though, I totally digress...

I have recently been tasked with a very awesome and important driving assignment and I'm totally stoked about it. I don't have time to go into details, but soon my pretties, I'll fill you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment