18 April 2011

Til you do right by me everything you even think about is going to crumble... and other stuff

The Color Purple

2 oz Southern Comfort
1 oz blue curacao
3 oz cranberry juice
Maraschino cherry for garnish

Pour SoCo, Blue Curacao and Cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker over cracked ice.  If you don't know what to do next, I should beat you like Celie told Harpo to beat Sophia. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass, float the cherry and enjoy!


I'll fill you in on the driving assignment soon, but I have other pressing business.

You see, I'll be making a trip to Philly in a couple of weeks.  Normally I like to stay in a hotel because well, I haven't lived at home since I was 16 years old and you never know when the need to *ahem* may come about.  But I'll be staying at my dad's house because of the following reasons: I'm a fancy bitch, and I can't just stay in anybody's old HoJo or anything of that ilk, BUT I'm a broke fancy bitch and my dad's house is nice and free.  And although I have an awesome hook up at the Kimpton Hotels, my father and his fiance is super hyped about me staying with him (notice I said HIM and not them because although she lives there, it's HIS house and I don't really like that bitch).  Now pops has offered me his car during my stay, but I'd rather rent one since I need to retain some of my independence and I'd rather not put him out anymore than my picky pescatarian ass already will.

So that brings us to the issue at hand.  I'm about to book my car and I'm trying to decide which agency to give my business to.  Do I go with the one where the ex, the LIAR, the emm effing asshole of the century who broke my heart into thousands of tiny shattered shaken pieces is a manager, or do I go somewhere else where I could probably add to my frequent flier miles?

Do I go to the one where that sonofabitch works who kept me from moving here 3 years ago with his lies and his bullshit crocodile tears?

Do I go to the one where that douche bag works who if I wasn't tougher than Nigerian hair, would have completely and totally destroyed my faith in men and in love?

Yes? Or No?

I know what my sister would say.  She would be on Team Hell Yes, and want to know what time my flight gets in so she could be there in that Color Purple "we gon' sit around and whoop yo' ass" kind of way.  But I know what my girls would say - leave well enough alone.  The best revenge is moving on and blah blah blah.

But wouldn't the best revenge be going and letting that emm effer see my Illinois drivers license solidifying the fact that not only have I totally moved on, but moved across the country any old way?  Wouldn't the best revenge be letting him see how awesome I'll look being 40 pounds lighter than the last time he saw me (oh by the by, did I mention that a bitch has lost damn near 40 pounds and counting?)?

Wouldn't that be the best revenge?

What do you think? Please vote:

Team Hell Yes
or
Team Maturity

[Please note, I am a firm believer that maturity can often be over rated]

3 comments:

  1. Team Hell Yes? (But then, you already knew that, didn't you?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. team hell yes, bc being above it all sucks sometimes

    and please believe i am laughing hard as hell at this...[Please note, I am a firm believer that maturity can often be over rated]

    ReplyDelete
  3. well now I'm really confused. Everyone else said go the way of Team Maturity and they even had some stupid ass mature explanations for why it was the best choice. And Malael you're right - being above it all sucks. I mean, look at what happened to Icarus...

    ReplyDelete