14 July 2011

This too shall pass?

*still closed*



They say that death comes in threes.  I guess they're right.

Last week I wrote this:

And I'm feeling numb.  Although I haven't seen Mike in nearly 5 years and I haven't spoken to him since before I moved to Chicago, I'm still feeling shell shocked.  For obvious reasons, but I also am coming to a realization (after speaking with a close friend who had put her mother in hospice care two days ago) that I've reached that age when my peers and I will start to lose our parents.

A week after Mike passed away my friend called and told me that her mother couldn't fight anymore.  This is one of my closest sister-friends.  Of the two closest sister friends who are both pregnant sister-friends.  The one who's carrying my godbabies (by the by she's having twin girls).

Then just when I thought my heart was as heavy as it could get, I got a call today from the other sister-friend.  She went into labor early and her baby boy didn't make it...

My heart is aching for my sisters. Keep them in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment