01 July 2011

The curse of Alvin Ailey

The Curse

2 oz Absinthe
2 oz Vodka
1 oz Triple Sec
1/2 oz Dry vermouth

Coat the inside of a chilled martini glass with the vermouth and pour it out.  In a cocktail shaker, mix the triple sec, absinthe and vodka over ice and shake it, don't break it, get on the floor butt naked.  Strain into the martini glass, garnish with an orange wheel and enjoy!


NuNu and I have plans to go see Alvin Ailey when the company comes to Chicago in a few weeks.  It was his idea - with my very strong subliminal messaging of course.  I was thinking about what I wanted to wear and if this justified a small shopping trip, when it dawned on me that including this year, I've always gone to see this show with a man that I currently and will forever loathe.  Well, that's not exactly true - my father took me once, but other than that I've been once with the Loser (those who remember him from my past life know who I'm talking about) and once with the Liar.   Should I be afraid of going to see this show with NuNu?  What if this is an omen that I will hate him one day as well?

I started writing this a few weeks ago then I got super busy and well you know how it goes. It  turns out that the Alvin Ailey Touring company is cursed.  The night NuNu and I were set to see the show, he never showed up. Like just didn't. We talked from our respective jobs that morning and hammered out the pick up time and everything.  Then he failed to show up.  He sent some sorry ass text message and later claimed that it was something with his son and having to go to the emergency room, but he was posting on the Stalkers Wet Dream Facebook mere minutes before and after his "sorry babe" text (and posting stupid shit, like Ice Cube videos AND he does not have a smart phone...).  So fuck him.

Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment