14 July 2009

Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN...

Cucumber Collins
~3 slices of cucumber (about a 1/4 inch thick). You can leave the skins on or off, totally up to you
~1 shot of simple syrup
~2 lime wedges + 1 tablespoon of Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice (you can leave out the Rose's. I like my drinks a bit sweeter)
~2 shots of gin
club soda

In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cucumber, limes, lime juice and simple syrup
Add gin and shake whatcha mama gave ya
Pour over ice into a large collins glass
Fill with club soda
Garnish with a slice of cucumber and/or lime and drink with a straw

Repeat.

I like my job a lot (it's not bartending or anything related, but I do believe that a few of my coworkers have "liquid lunches"). So yeah, I'm one of those people who actually loves what she does for a living and feels satisfied with the direction of her professional career. That being said...

A few weeks ago I apparently made a coworker cry. Actual tears. Like the salty wet ones that fall from your face when cut onions.

What the fuck?

It's a long drawn out story, but the bottom line was that she was stressed out, and I was the last person she tried to give shit to before her meltdown. I was ridiculously patronizing and condescending to her and it upset her even more. Then I found a very professional way to tell her to go fuck herself, and she pretty much threw a temper tantrum and ran off to a corner crying. When someone asked her what was wrong, all she could mutter through the sobs was "Alice..."

I personally think it's hilarious. Is it funny to make people cry? Well, sort of, but that's not the point. It's hilarious because we're at WORK. What the hell are you so emotional about at WORK? We're not dating, so suck it up, get the job done and call me a bitch behind my back like everyone else does.

I don't aim to be mean to people, but there are a few things that sort of "unleash the beast". But it's the same people that everyone hate, like stupid people, weak people and women who cover their entire eyelid with one color of eyeshadow (I'm talking lash to brow with no variation. Blasphemous!).

Am I working on my patience? Absolutely. That's what the drinking is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment